Our commitment to sustainability does not end with our exclusive use of FSC & PEFC certified timber. Our approach has always been the antithesis of modern mass production and disposable fast fashion. Every product we make is a commissioned order, made to our client’s exact specification. We have no stock available at any time. We make our products to the highest quality using the finest materials to ensure longevity – your furniture will adorn your property for years to come.
In every aspect of our business, we strive to be environmentally responsible. We personally deliver all UK orders in our own vehicles. We carefully wrap and pack your order using recycled packing blankets ensuring your order is delivered in perfect condition and without disposable packaging. Where possible, orders and site visits are consolidated, ensuring our vehicles are used to their maximum efficiency. For international deliveries we use recycled pallets, where possible, and reusable packing materials, such as underlay. And we use biodegradable bubble wrap, which is green in colour too!
Nothing goes to waste. Every piece of our naturally renewable raw material is used wisely. Our timber off cuts are sorted through by local woodturners, for crafting yet more beautiful pieces. Rejected off cuts are used in our wood burner to heat our workshop; all this timber is seasoned and not green. In 2015 we began turning many off cuts into quaint plant labels with their own QR code directing you straight to our website and digital catalogue. Not only are these plant labels completely reusable, they have cut our printing requirements by at least 80% year on year.
Oxford Planters’ Sustainability Charter
- We only use Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) or Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC) certified timbers.
- Our products are handmade to order, in our workshop in the UK, not mass produced.
- We work to exacting standards, ensuring our furniture lasts year after year.
- Reusable, recycled and biodegradable packaging is used, wherever possible.
- Aiming for zero waste: off-cuts are used for wood-turning, making plant label catalogues and as fuel to heat our workshop.
- Surplus display furniture is donated to charity.
Finally, any display products used on our RHS Chelsea Flower Show and Landscape Show exhibits, that are surplus to requirements, are donated to local charities. Please let us know if there is a charity you would like us to consider for our ex-display products.